Sunday, December 21, 2014

When to buy that airline ticket?

A round trip ticket to Japan is always going to cost you at LEAST $1,000. I have never seen it drop below that, and I find myself checking at least 3-4 times a year, just to get a feel for when prices are lowest, what departure day is cheapest, and how far in advance to buy a ticket. Here's a great website that explains when to buy a plane ticket. To summarize:

  • Buy your ticket online on Tuesday afternoons
  • Buy your international ticket 5.5 or 1.5 months before departure
  • Buy your tickets one at a time, not for multiple people in one big order
  • Fly out on a Tuesday or Wednesday, but never Fridays or Saturdays

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Let me add, ALWAYS use incognito mode when checking airfare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Let me add, ALWAYS use incognito mode when checking airfare!

    ReplyDelete