Saturday, January 23, 2016

Tokyo TOTO Showroom

While this blog title begs for the toilet to be "western-style", Japanese bathrooms are quite possibly one of the top most amazing things in Japan. Well, for me, anyway. They are masters at water conservation, cleanliness, ease of use, and top notch technology. If money was no object, I'd remodel my bathroom with current TOTO products in no time! So imagine my delight when I found out they have a showroom you can tour in Shinjuku, Tokyo! It's free to go and there's two floors of product displays.



All thanks to this video, which is pretty cheesy, but a good example of the complexity of Japanese TOTO toilets.

My favorite is how you can play noises to cover up your bathroom noises. Also, Japanese soak tubs are so relaxing! And the fact that the entire shower has drains in the floor? So cool! Alright, I'm done obsessing weirdly over Japanese bathrooms.

Oh, so to explain the blog title a bit more, when in Japan the public restrooms may have a wester-style toilet AND a squat toilet, which I do not like (as a girl). It seemed even Japanese native women didn't prefer them either as there was a line at a station but the two squat toilet stalls were available. No one made a move for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment